Teens love Invisalign because it lets them live their lives freely – playing sports or hanging out with friends – without worrying about their looks. With removable and virtually invisible trays shifting the teeth into proper alignment, Invisalign is the ideal choice for teens who want to achieve a healthy, straight and beautiful smile, but don’t want to be held back by traditional metal braces.
- Straighten teeth without braces
- Removable: You can brush and floss normally.
- Clear Aligners: Nearly invisible
- Freedom: You are free to eat whatever you desire
- Comfortable: Aligners are tailor made to your teeth, hence they are comfortable with reduced pain and irritation.
Is Invisalign suitable for teenagers?
This specific range of Invisalign known as Invisalign® Teen combines all the advantages of the proven Invisalign® system with unique features designed to fit teen’s lifestyle:
- Room for growth: Waiting until teeth grow in completely is no longer required. Invisalign® Teen provides eruption tabs that adjust to the changing mouth.
- Peace of mind: Invisalign® Teen aligners are designed with a Blue Dot Wear Indicator that fades away over a two-week period if the aligner is worn properly – between 20 to 22 hours every day.
- Flexibility: Invisalign® Teen aligners can be removed for important special occasions like school pictures, prom and graduation.
- Something to smile about: No more metal braces. Invisalign® Teen aligners are almost invisible, this means you can smile with confidence! Plus, no more irritation and soreness from pointy wires and brackets.
- Sports safety: Risk for painful sports impact injuries are less likely because there are no wires or braces in the mouth.
- More time for you: No more painful monthly appointments to tighten wires.
How does Invisalign Teen work?
Invisalign Teen treatment straightens teeth in a simple, powerful and discreet way. The actual trays are completely customized to fit your teen’s unique mouth, and they are made of smooth and clear plastic so they’re practically invisible to the eye.
Our Specialist Orthodontist in Dubai will customize a treatment plan to move the teeth on a predetermined path over time, ultimately unveiling the beautiful and perfectly straight smile they deserve.
Invisalign Teen’s unique characteristic:
A blue dot indicator on the aligner fades as the tray is worn properly. This way, if the light has not faded at the end of two weeks, you will know that you don’t have to switch to the next tray.
Benefits of Invisalign Teen
- A virtually invisible way to straighten your teen’s teeth. Invisalign Teen aligners are comprised of clear, virtually invisible plastic. As such, no one will be able to tell your teen is straightening their teeth.
- The ability to live freely. Invisalign enables your teen to continue living life normally as they straighten their teeth. They can play sports, practice their musical instruments and go out on dates without worrying about their braces.
- No food restrictions. With traditional braces, your teen can’t do certain things, like eat popcorn, chips and nuts. Because theInvisalign trays are removable, your teen can eat their normal diet without any restrictions throughout treatment.
- Optimal oral health. Unlike traditional braces, Invisalign allows your teen to brush and floss their teeth normally. This prevents cavities and promotes optimal oral health.
Can Invisalign correct my teen's issue?
A gentle yet powerful treatment, Invisalign Teen can correct both mild and complex dental issues, including:
- Excess spacing. This occurs when there is too much space in between the teeth, creating a gap.
- Overbite. Also known as “buck teeth,” this occurs when the upper teeth are located too far in front of the lower teeth.
- Underbite. An underbite occurs when the lower jaw protrudes beyond the upper jaw, causing the front lower teeth to overlap the front top teeth.
- Open bite. This occurs when some of the top and bottom teeth don’t meet all the way when biting.
- Crowding issues. Crowding occurs when there isn’t enough space for the teeth to fit properly within the jaws. Signs of crowding are teeth that are twisted and displaced.
- Crossbite. A crossbite develops when the upper and lower jaws are misaligned, causing some of the upper teeth to touch the inside of the lower teeth.