The Secret to Brushing your Teeth Correctly
Here are some easy pointers to a healthy smile:
- Toothbrush – Choose one that fits comfortably in your hand and mouth to encourage using it properly.
- Bristles – A soft-bristled toothbrush is best to remove plaque and to avoid damaging the enamel of your teeth.
- Brushing – At least 2 minutes, twice a day to keep plaque to a minimum. Hold the toothbrush at a 45-degree angle against both gums and teeth, and move in gentle, small, circular motions. Clean all areas of your teeth, including inner and outer surfaces and remember to brush your tongue.
- Routine – Always clean your teeth in the same order to reduce the risk of missing areas of your teeth.
- Rinse – Don’t forget to clean your toothbrush in running water to wash away bacteria before your next cleaning.
- Replace – The American Dental Association recommends that you change your toothbrush every 3 to 4 months, so the bristles are still effective.
It’s never too late to improve your oral hygiene. I know this only too well. Try to include all of these pointers in your daily brushing routine to reap the benefits of good oral hygiene. And please don’t forget to floss – most gum diseases begin between your teeth. Being proactive with cleaning your teeth and visiting your dentist regularly for dental cleanings is worth the reward – you get to keep your teeth for a lifetime. Now that’s something worth celebrating! 😀
It’s always a good idea to get regular dental health check-ups. Visit your dental hygienist every six months for a thorough teeth cleaning. Give us a call at 800-DRJOY(37569) to book an appointment with our expert team please click here.