Would you like to give your smile a quick, effective mini-makeover? A beautiful smile can boost your self-esteem and improve interactions in your social and business life. One of the quickest ways to brighten your smile and give yourself a shot of self-confidence is by having teeth-whitening treatment.
At Dr. Joy Dental Clinic, we use the renowned Zoom teeth whitening system, the most advanced whitening technology. It delivers the ultimate whitening experience in less time and more comfort than any other whitening system, as it allows the dentist to vary the intensity setting accordingly to accommodate patients with more sensitive teeth such as myself. The advanced system enables patients to whiten their teeth up to eight shades in just one hour, delivering 40 percent better results than a comparable non-light enhanced whitening system. This is the perfect instant teeth whitening treatment for people that are time poor.
Zoom Teeth Whitening Procedure
The procedure is simple. It begins by cleaning your teeth and a short preparation to cover your lips and gums, leaving only your teeth exposed. The dentist then applies the Zoom whitening gel, which was designed to be used with a specially designed Zoom laser. The Zoom light and gel work together to gently penetrate your teeth, breaking up stains and discoloration. After four cycles, the protective gel will be removed from the gums and voila, you’ll have your whiter, brighter smile!
Before you go home you will receive a special Zoom whitening touch up kit to take home. The kit includes trays that are custom-made and whitening gel. You dentist will explain how to use the kit to keep your teeth white longer.
Laser Teeth Whitening
Laser teeth whitening is another method to remove stains and discoloration from the teeth, leaving them whiter and brighter than before.
Firstly, a peroxide-based gel is pasted onto your teeth by your dentist. Special care is taken to ensure that the bleach doesn’t get onto the soft tissue of the gums and inside of the teeth, as this can cause irritation. Once the gel is in place, the heat from the laser is used to create a chemical reaction that breaks down stains and lightens the colour of teeth. The length of this process varies depending on how many teeth are being targeted. This is because the laser only emits a very narrow beam of light, meaning that each tooth must be whitened in turn.
Advanced Zoom Teeth Whitening Vs Laser Teeth Whitening
There are a few key differences that you should take into account when deciding between laser teeth whitening and Zoom whitening. These include:
- Zoom reaches all of your teeth at the same time: This helps to ensure the most even reaction rate and better consistency of results. Meanwhile, laser teeth whitening targets one tooth at a time.
- Zoom filters out infrared energy: This means that your teeth aren’t exposed to as much heat as they are during laser whitening treatments. Meanwhile, laser whitening does cause extended exposure to infrared emissions.
- Zoom whitens teeth faster: Studies have shown that Zoom whitening actually produces results more quickly than laser teeth whitening.
- Laser whitening can be more convenient for patients: Some patients find it difficult to tolerate three back-to-back sessions of Zoom laser whitening, particularly if they have fairly sensitive teeth.
- Laser whitening can be more effectively used to target specific teeth: Laser whitening is applied to each individual tooth, making it valuable for patients who only need to have one or two particularly stained teeth lightened. Meanwhile, Zoom affects all teeth.
If you are interested for a brighter whiter smile using Zoom Teeth Whitening treatment, Call us at 800-DRJOY(37569) to book an appointment with our highly experienced team of dental hygienists and dentists or click here for more information.