Discussing your Teeth Replacement and Restoration Options with your Dentist in Dubai
Many adults go through that period in life where they have to learn to live without their original teeth. Most people experience this due to accidents, injuries, and dental diseases that cause unrepairable damage. However, thanks to the advancements in dentistry, you can easily get your missing teeth replaced to regain your beautiful smile. In this article, we have highlighted the most common dental replacement and restoration procedures that could be a best fit for your dental needs.
Dentures, Bridges, or Implants
When it comes to teeth replacement and restoration, there are many options available. However, not every option is designed to be the perfect smile enhancing procedure for your teeth. Unfortunately, this is not a kind of decision that you can make on your own. You need to consult with a dentist who will recommend the best treatment option for you. Based on his examination, he may refer you to an Implantologist or Prosthodontist if required.
Here are a couple of procedures that can help you restore your missing teeth :
- Dental implants: A dental implant is the best solution for replacing a missing tooth. A dental implant consist of a titanium screw which acts like an artificial root and is inserted into your jaw bone by the Implantologist. An attachment called abutment will be attached to the implant screw and a porcelain crown that mimics your natural teeth will be fitted on this.
- Dental Bridges: Also known as the fixed partial denture. A dental bridge can also replace a missing tooth or teeth. The dentist or prosthodontist would have to grind the neighbouring teeth on either side of the gap and then crowns are made to fit these teeth and a separate crown or crowns are attached to them to close the gap.While porcelain bridges can be cheaper, they are not the ideal option as it requires your healthy teeth to be trimmed to anchor the crowns over the gap.
- Dentures: Acrylic dentures can also be made to replace a single or multiple or even all missing teeth. The problem with the dentures is inconvenience caused to remove them during the night and to clean them. Dentures also get loose over a period of time and will have to be replaced.
Things to consider while discussing your tooth replacement options:
- Visit a good dentist or specialist and learn about the most viable option.
- Make sure that you do not miss any details. Your history can help your dental specialist make a better decision about what procedure would be best for you, so try to provide accurate details.
- Ask your dental specialist about the post treatment care. You should be aware of the healing time and medication that you may have to take.
We have a team of experienced specialists who can advise you on the best option to replace your missing teeth. To book an appointment call any of our branches today.
Jumeirah +971 4 3285332
BurJuman +971 4 3555357
Mirdif +971 4 2845722
Karama +971 4 3979522